Truthful Tuesday, Twin Edition
I just realized that I’ve been following yet another twin, but had no idea. There are so many of you guys out there, I feel the need to shout out. CALLING ALL TWINS!!! Reply to this if you’re a twin, or the parent of twins.
I’ve posted pics of me and my sister before, but never at the same time and never as part of a twin post. So here you go!
- True Story, our mother didn’t know she was pregnant with twins, she just thought she was really huge. When she went into labor a month early, they did an X-Ray (because they did that crazy shit back in 1974)….anway when she saw the films she became completely grief stricken because she saw a crazy mess of bones and thought we were a monster! Can you imagine?
- We were born via an emergency C-section.
- I weighed 4 lbs 3 oz, she weighed 3 lbs 4 oz.
- We DO NOT have rhyming names, Michele and Tiffany.
- She’s a minute older and she used to brag about it. Now that we’re older, she tends to leave that out of introductions.
- I’m pretty sure I was squeezing her to death because she was born blue. I think I also squished her head which is why hers is more oval than mine.
- My parents dressed me in red. Her color was blue. (Am I the only one that finds it weird that they chose blue?)
- We looked so alike when we were babies that our parents left our hospital bracelets on for 2 months and then painted our toenails different colors so they could tell us apart.
- We earned $5000 doing Pamper’s commercials and print ads as babies. My dad still carries the magazine ad in his wallet. It’s a shot of my sister doing that pose where the baby is on all fours and the diapered tushy is up in the air. Remember those?
- NO…I cannot feel it if you kick her, but I admit that sometimes I do have unexplained aches and pains when she does. She has Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis, but I do not.
- She was more outgoing than me in Jr High, so she inadvertently stole all the boys I had crushes on because I was too shy. They were all jerks and broke her heart.
- I got my license before she did because she failed the driving portion after forgetting to look out the rear window when she backed up 50 ft.
- I almost always forget to tell people I’m a twin during introductions, some people find out by accident when my sister appears. The look on their face is always priceless.
- We never impersonated each other, we just weren’t that devious.
- We haven’t weighed the same since we were kids. I hate that. :(
- We both left our husbands in the same year, without really planning it.
I suddenly have the urge to start a Twins Tumblr page, has anyone done that yet? (and no, I’m not talking about a page full of Mary-Kate & Ashley.)
- 2011 (#)
- 37 notes
- Posted at 1:51pm
- twins identical twins
If it’s late at night I can pretty much guarantee that I’m listening to Ryan Adams, The National,...
I went to the grossest house ever! Some people’s kids!
This weed is purple. Pur pulll.
I am so damn lost
Oh you know, the usual...identical twin, dyslexic graphic artist...madly in love with some guy I met on Twitter.
Also, I am bedside-manner's twin sister | WWF: shellshokt | kik: shellshokt | Twitter: shellshokt | gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under protection of Jeraimee <3